• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA Problome HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skidooosl

ok, here is what happened, i have the system in my sig.... the NF7-S died and i need to RMA.... my question is when i get my replacement will i still have the data on my raid 0 when hooked up? or will i have to create a new array and re do everything.... if the data will not be there is there any way to get the data off of the drives? my computer just shut off suddenly and a high low siren sounded, i have tried a bios reset and everything... i can not get it to boot back up... i think it is time for RMA, any ideas?

GOOD!!! O MAN I WAS SCARED! would it work if i hooked them up to my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe? instead of my NF7-S i think it uses a different controller....

Excelsior said:
doesn't matter, as long as the RAID information is on the drives which there will be u will be fine to put it in any RAID controller..

I don't think you can swap your array to just any controller. I know I read about problems going from Promise --> 3ware (RAID5) without rebuilding. I would try to use the same controller.

Back