• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just installed AMD Athlon XP 2500 Barton..Quick Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z3r0

I will eventually overclock it.

What should I set the FSB at for now? Right now I just set it to 160 just to try it out and stuff and its running good. Is the default its supposed to run at 166 FSB? The barton is unlocked too but I will mess with that stuff later when I've burned it in for a while.

So, what should I set the FSB at for now to run at for a while?

Also, should I set the RAM Frequency to whatever the CPU FSB is at?

set the fsb to 166, and if you are running that 2700ram, set it to 166 too. that is stock speed for both

Regardless of what your memory is, set it to 166mhz. The A7N8X motherboard will randomly reboot from time to time if you run the RAM and FSB async.

The stock speed for your processor is 166 FSB.

MRD

I actually just haven't updated my sig.

I now have Kingston HyperX 512mb PC3500

If you have a retail 2500+ you shouldn't have to worry about temperatures, unless you have extremely poor airflow through your case..

I have 2x256 Kingston HyperX PC3500 at 6-2-2-2 at 200fsb on my 8RDA+, so you should be able to manually set your timings to those without any problems at 166.

I wouldn't try changing the memory speed to anything other than 1:1 or 100% of the cpu fsb, as it will just cripple your memory bandwidth.

Back