• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fresh Install question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tigers131

Registered
Hello all,

I hear alot of the phrase "fresh install". I am wondering if you do perform a fresh install of windows, does this mean you have to reinstall all the programs that you have, for example P95, sandra, etc.? If there is a way to do a fresh install and still keep the programs without having to reinstall them all someone please let me know, i would like to do this, but i dont feel like installing every darn program that i have, that would take too long. Any help would be great !

Thanks

you can run a windows rapair that will leave all your programs installed , but to do a fresh install you format the drive and then everythnig is gone . i ofund to make it faster i put all my programs i run on a disc so i format , install windows , pop in my disc and install my programs usally take's about 2 to 3 hours total thats with windows

A fresh install involves formatting the hard drive and re-installing the OS. You will need to re-install everything, but it takes less time than you might think. Just plan ahead and have all your original discs ready, and downloads done (and on a CD-RW/zip/flash key/etc.). I can do a complete re-install in less than 2 hours.

I would be more concerned about data. That really needs to backed up. Programs are easy to reinstall, but if you forget to back somthing up you will kick yourself; or cry depending on what it was.

Back