• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Test Bench.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was thinking is it a good idea to have a test bench to try parts you buy like if they are used or new. I would think the rig should be Stright forward nothing $$$ but something in the $500 range. What do you all think?

I see this as a big waste of money... a seperate system to test parts.... for you.

Aren't you going to have at least two PCs in your house......eventually? If you need to 'sanity check' a part that doesn't work, drop it in the other rig. Even when I wasn't a reviewer, I didn't keep a second cheap system around. **** works or it doesn't and you return it or RMA.

I see this as a big waste of money... a seperate system to test parts.... for you.

Aren't you going to have at least two PCs in your house......eventually? If you need to 'sanity check' a part that doesn't work, drop it in the other rig. Even when I wasn't a reviewer, I didn't keep a second cheap system around. **** works or it doesn't and you return it or RMA.
Ya there will be 2 PC'S.I guess I am dumb for not thinking about that.:screwy:

I mean, your F@H rig should be older and not compatible with your new parts... but that said, I don't think it's worth it regardless. I surely wouldn't spend money on a different machine nor would I upgrade my F@H base (mobo/ram/cpu) just so it can check parts. You can spend that money on your new rig, a better than 2080Ti card for F@H, or save it when needed.

You don't strike me as the person who constantly upgrades anyway... so what purpose would it actually serve you? To test your new parts that have been sitting there for several months (another good reason why to buy things in a specific order as compared to randomly buying parts)? Naa, think about it... doesn't seem remotely worth it from here.

Back