• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for new Memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lan_Of_Malkier

My system won't post @ 2.0-X-X-X where it WILL post @ 2.5-X-X-X.

Is it time for me to think about some new memory? Or is it really that crucial? I have heard many times that with the P4c's on 865/875 Chipsets memory timing makes little to no 'real life' difference?

Would there be any benifit to buying PC3700 or PC4000 for my system when it is PC3200 recommended? Would I be able to run my memory @ 1:1 that way?

Right now my mem is @ 400Mhz (5:4) and gets 4750/4749 on SiSandra Bench.

Thanks

well im going to order the ocz pc3700 gold rev 2 next thursday. I have the same 2.8c processor and with that fsb that memory is ideal. dont even bother with pc4000 if ya cant get a fsb of 250.

Speed_Mechanic2 said:
Are you running memory at 241MHz or are you using a divider?

What is tRCD and tRP (middle timings) for your 2.5-x-x-x? Is it 2.5-4-4-x or 2.5-3-3-x?

I'm running a devider (5:4) to keep it @ or lower than 400 depending on my bus speed.

Speeds were SPD at first (2.5/4/4/8)~ then I tried to mess with them and it didn't respond well. It will go 2.5/3/3/7 , 2.5/3/3/6, if I set CAS to 2.0 it won't even post~

When I try to push the FSB to 241+ it will post but it freezes rather frequently and quickly in Windows. From what I know and have read that is a memory problem. I can run Prime for years at 240 no problems(Memory @ 398Mhz).

These procs are monsters and I want to see where it will go but I feel that this memory is keeping me down~am I right? It's on stock air so I know I can't go much further anyhow, but I get nice load temps at 3360 (52°) still so I want to push.....SP-94 , 92mm & AS5 coming sooooon so I'm antsy.

Ahhhh...If i bummped CAS to 3 would it become more stable at higher FSB?

Last edited:
Lan_Of_Malkier said:
Speeds were SPD at first (2.5/4/4/8)~ then I tried to mess with them and it didn't respond well. It will go 2.5/3/3/7 , 2.5/3/3/6, if I set CAS to 2.0 it won't even post~

Same to my twinmos/twinmos chips. They re just bulls*it, sorry. one of them doesn't even match it's specifications... but it's too late. already sold :D
i wonder how the corsair will work out in my system- or the kingston, dont know yet

Back