• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD-RW Speeds??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo_18

is there anyway to make a CDRW write faster then 4x. i have a LG 48x24x48. just wondering if there sum software or hardware hack to bump up the seepeds?

Neo

neo_18 said:
is there anyway to make a CDRW write faster then 4x. i have a LG 48x24x48. just wondering if there sum software or hardware hack to bump up the seepeds?

Neo

I don't know if I am understanding your question. If you have a 48x24x48 speed CD/RW, it should write cd-r's at 48x, cd-rw at 24x, and read at 48x. If you can only write at 4x, you might want to try and pick up a new cd-rw. I am guessing you are using an old cd-rw which is only capable of writing at 4x.

Edit: You may not want to double post next time cause some people don't really like that, and then you just get ignored :eek:

There are ways to flash the drive's firmware that may increase the speed, but I really don't recommend it unless you know what you are doing, and are prepared to replace the drive if you screw up. Besides, at 48x, you really aren't going to bump it up a lot anyway.

Back