• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rig upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
I just checked my Fedex tracking number(gotta love those things) and my new board and cpu have been delivered to my house.

last night i picked up a stick of 512 HYPERX DDR 500 for $129:eek: which was twenty dollars cheaper than newegg. all in all I'm gonna get some workunits from jigpu and fire up the farm again tonight if all goes well.;)

here's what it's gonna be

asus p800
p4 2.8 (800) HT
512 500mhz ddr Hyperx
120 gig hd
geforce 4 Ti 4200 64MB ed.

I know most of ya have allready had systems as good as or better than this but I'm still so excited cause I finally got HT *passes out on keyboard*

jigpu i know that were allmost dropped out to the top 100 but now we gonna kick some arse.

EVERYBODY ABOVE US.....

PREPARE TO GET PASSED:attn:

make sure you use the CLC client!!! - you will get twice as any WU done - as ihave notioced on all my systems - i went from 17-23 WU a day to 44 today!

yeah the clc is way faster... I ran the screensaver for a day last year and it was annoyingly slow.:eek:

as soon as i get my farm up and runnin after being down for a month and a half jigpu(puffy) should be doin bout 30 a day.

Well, I downloaded all his WUs for him and saw him off to build the new cruncher last night (I was busy at the time :( ). It should be up and running by now, so prepare to get passed!! :D :attn:

JigPu

actually its not running yet:eek:

but it did have a perfectly smooth hickup free first boot:cool:

I got home late cause yosk wanted me to play starcraft till 2 o'clock in the mornin at his house. I then worked on my comp from 2 till 4:30 and decided that i needed at least 2 hours of sleep to survive.:rolleyes:

... it really sucks that that harddrive reformat took a hour and a half to complete:( I shoulda just done the quick format but I wanted to make sure that everything was completelly ereased.

otherwise my comp should be up and runnin an hour after I get home. whichell be bout 9:30pm

time==9:57PM ;)

That thing had better be crunching ozzlo, the dude behind us is pushing 43WUs/day :eek: :D

JigPu

I am now pushing over 50WUa day :) hehe - what palce you guys in i am only in 172nd place :(

as for the format - how big is your HD? did you partition it?

ah finally I Got it running.:D

Yup at 11:30pm my computer starting crunching the same workunit 3 times.... oops that's not right

Yup at 12:00am my computer started crunching one workunit between the two processors and a few more workunits being crunched by and "unknown" processor..... DOH! that's not right eigther

Yup at 12:45 (after 3 reinstalls of seti with different configurations) I sucuessfully got two clients working in tandom but.... uhhh why are they idling...... oh setispy and setigate are bolth trying to controll bolth clients:rolleyes: and further more clients seem to be having problems finding localhost:5001 to even get workunits from setigate. Doh im gonna get this right this time.

at 1:15 finally bolth clients are processing their own workunit and are working in tandom with an average cpf(cycles per flop) for each one of 8 somethin in the beginning of the workunit.

I FEEL LIKE I CAN NOW WRITE A 50 PAGE ARTICLE on how to set up two setispy programs to monitor two clients that are controlled and processed by 1 seti gate program. :cool:

It's really easy now that I figured it out:D

ok i slightly exadgerated the HD format it only took an hour (but it felt like it was longer than that) the drive is a SE 120GB maxtor

WOOT I woke up this mornin AT 7 and it crunched 4 Wu in 6 1/2 hours HT ROCKS

this processor rocks it's doin only 27c full load whereas my old processor under the same conditions would get up as high as 50c

*note to self: I can shut the window at night now*:rolleyes:
I'm gonna replace the cpu fan with a quieter (non delta) fan and I'm gonna let it run full load for a couple of days and then i will see how far this sucker will O/C:cool:

Last edited:
Steven4563 said:
hey Mr.Guvernment once ive hit 5K ill help u hit higher if u want :p

haha

sweet - why are you stopping @ 5k ?

As for the temps - nice and lowwwwwwwwww u got a nice crunching machine there!

Sweet! It's alive :) Sounds like it's gonna be a good cruncher for us, so let's start kicking some butt!!

Mr.Guvernment, currently we're in 98th place and going to be passed in no time by buchr83. We've been crunching for a while which is why we're so high with relitivly little output (My 3 crunchers average 12/day total, and ozzlo's old machine would do something like 7 a day.)

JigPu

I'm using the plain and simple p4p800 no extera letters or fancy things about it. (othr than it's got gigabit :drool: )

I'm really mad that this board dosent have the ability to use my ddr 500:( oh well, my ram is NOT going to be the bottleneck that's for sure:p

i've been doing som reashearch and I've discovered the spread spectrum is a bad thing so i will disable that when i get home tonight which should give me slight improvements.

and also I'm gonna start overclocking the thing tonight.

as for wu/day it's been doing 12.5/day but that's because I've been doing massive file transfers from four backup dvd's full of programs and files:cool: and I'm also gaming on it alot.

one thing that I've noticed everyonce in a while in the task manager it will show more than 100%total cpu usage like so...

[email protected]%
[email protected]%
Windowsmediaplayer...1%
taskmanager...1%

hows that for HT 102%

i think it's got something to do with rounding of percentages but still 102% efficency is a feat for anything in the universe:D

oh and I took off my 7k fan and replaced it with a quieter one so now my cpu temp has jumped up to 38c full load.

yeah I can't remember what the code was on my processor but i remember it being made in china... or was that malyasia, eigther way it warent costa ricka.

Last edited:
K ozzlo , I feel the power man I will be signing on to your team soon , get ready for an extra 20 wu A day .. m "history" I stopped crunching for jigpu and ozzlo but I thinks it's time to start again :)!!!!

Sweet siunds good all :

crunch! crunch! crunch!

i hit 61 last night woo hoo - look out 98th place...lol

Woot I just picked up another stick of hyperx and i'm going dual channell when i get home tonight.

Btw athenea whoever you are... that was pure evil:D

I thought we had overthrown you but I guess you got a special weapon up you sleeve. :rolleyes:

WOOT 7 DAYS TILL 10K

Back