• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I made the plunge!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supplystud

I just ordered the Thermalright SP-97 for my A7N8X Deluixe. I also ordered the SilenX 92mm Fan to go with it. I have looked at all the rcommended fans on this forum and just could not pass up this fan. It pushed 36 CFM at only 14 DB!

http://www.silenx.com/productcart/pc/configurePrdz.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=78

Let me know if you have this fan and how you like it.

When I get it in the mail I will let everyone know how it works. I am going to do some tests on noice and temp with the tornado, Zalman, and Panaflo 92 mm fans when I get this set up!

I am hoping to find the ultimate sweet spot....Good and cool while still maintaining a fairly quiet system. I will run tests with the different fans and we can see what happens!

SewerBeing said:
wouldnt that fan defeat the purpose of getting such a great and expensive heatsink, I mean most people would get this heatsink to get better temps not to have a quiet system

This heatsink will be better than stock even with a quiet fan...

SewerBeing said:
wouldnt that fan defeat the purpose of getting such a great and expensive heatsink, I mean most people would get this heatsink to get better temps not to have a quiet system

Not if your purpose is a very fast quiet system, opposed to an even faster computer at the cost of your ears.

u know guys, although its quiet, i can't find the max static pressure for this fan..
sure it might push 36cfm, but with a heatsink in front of it, who knows how its going to preform. Panaflo fans have high pressure with their high torque motors, thats why i doubt it'll be as good as it on a heatsink. in a case, for the purpose of just flow though your case, it might not be affected as much.

Back