• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

750@1gig but one little problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dadx2mj

Registered
I have a p3 750@1000 the vcore is set at 1.90 on an ASUS P3V4X with 256megs Crucial PC-133. The system runs fine with out crashing or locking up. The only problem I have is that it won't cold boot at this speed. If I shut the system off I have to lower the FSB from 133Mhz to 124Mhz and let it load Windows . Once it has loaded Windows I can restart it and change the bios to 133Mhz FSB and it loads and runs just fine. CPU temps have never gone above 39c and usually are about 35c under a load. Any ideas why it won't cold boot at 133Mhz FSB?

last time i had same problem as u when i try to boot at 1Gigs!! i remember at that time i was first into the aircooled with pelt. and i when i cold boot it, first time usually won't load into win2k, it stop at the half and reboot. after it reboot, it will goes smooth into win2k! very strange!! and the system was not so stable....can't pass with prime95 and 3dmark2k!!

I think it's a problem with the P3V4X but i think there's a work around if you have a fcpga,
You could set the voltage on your slocket to 1.90 that might work (didn't try.....yet), Anyhow I have the same problem tho i have to lower my FSB from 138 to 133.
But I'm sure (almost) that it has to do with Vcore.

I'm gonna try it right now and I'll let you know.
Trying right now

Yep that's the problem, No problem booting my PIII 600 @ 828 anymore.

KillorBe is right....ive got almost the exact setup and have the same problem.....PIII700@1053 150sfb, 256 pc-133 asus P3V4X.....i can cold boot at 1053 but if remove the cpu and put it back in or shut down the power supply i get the problem...its the Asus board...

OK so if I could get it to run at 133FSB with the vcore at 1.80 you think it would be OK? I say the vcore at 1.80 because that is what I boot at 124FSB with. The chip is a slot one so no slocket is there any other work around? Thanks for your help guys

dadx2mj (May 22, 2001 06:44 p.m.):
OK so if I could get it to run at 133FSB with the vcore at 1.80 you think it would be OK?
Just give it a try.....cold boot @124FSB 1.80 Vcore, up the FSB to 133 see if it boots (into windows)when it does that shut down, pull the power cord press your Power button a few times,Plug the power cord back in and off you go (or not).
The chip is a slot one so no slocket is there any other work around?
Not that I know of....but when I find something bout that I'll let you know.I think there should be a way to up the Vcore on a slot PIII (it can be done on a slot PII, I believe it's called the B21 trick....if my memory serves me right).

Good luck

No. The B21 trick was for the high/low FSB autoselect, but with the old SECC's you could tape other pins to up the core voltage. :)

LutaWicasa (May 22, 2001 11:33 p.m.):
No. The B21 trick was for the high/low FSB autoselect, but with the old SECC's you could tape other pins to up the core voltage. :)

Right......Damn memory, probably bad noname memory......hehe

Back