• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

disabled host controllers are present

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slowpoke

Registered
I just flashed the bios on my abit bh6 ver 1.0 mb from jj to ss. When I run sisoft system analyzer I get the message re the cpu that disabled host controllers are present, check bios settings. I have a p3 450 overclocked to 504. Any ideas? Thanks.

What you probably have to do is get into the Device Manager
tab on the properties for my computer.

You will probably find some entries there that need to be
deleted. They will have either red or yellow icons by them and
will be reported to be missing, disable or some such.

You want to highlight these and delete them one at a time and
reboot.

If you are unfamiliar with configuring windows, you might want to
find somebody to help you take a look at it.

A system backup before playing around with any of this is probably
a good idea also....

Good luck.....

I had the same thing on mine but everything was fine I just reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows and I noticed under slave drive and secondary master in BIOS I had the box's set to NONE which was a mistake took me a while to figure out why windows would not load up well it did not recognize my cd rom oops and a loss of 2 hours for that one. Anyway set them to Auto I have not checked to see if that helps this problem but my cdrom did work fine even with the box checked none Try this and let me know i'm curious about this too :) i'll download Sisandra later and check to see if it helped me.
Oh there should be nothing in the devise manager wrong as mine was perfect and i still got the message but for kicks its not a bad idea to keep an eye on that anyway

Hmm, nothing showing under device manager, and everything seems to be running fine. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will keep an eye on it.

Well i downloaded si sandra again and with the changes I made in bios it did not help and I still get the disabled message any senior members have a idea?

Back