• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Endeavor

i want to gradually move my FSB upto 90
damn intel locked my CPU mulitplier at 10.5 so i bascially want a 900mhz comp, when i got past 85 it doesnt boot, do i need to burn in the chip more for it to work? also will Seti@home do this?

Endeavor (May 24, 2001 12:54 a.m.):
i want to gradually move my FSB upto 90
damn intel locked my CPU mulitplier at 10.5 so i bascially want a 900mhz comp, when i got past 85 it doesnt boot, do i need to burn in the chip more for it to work? also will Seti@home do this?

Seti will work just fine for burning in. burning in will not usually get you more MHZ but it can bring stability and also you may be able to drop VC down at the same new high FSB settings resulting in cooler temps to a point. {i can raise my VC and my proccesor from 1.9 to 2.05 and it does not get hotter go figure?] If VC is holding you back then burning in can get you a few more MHZ.

If you can get it to 100 FSB, the busses will be back in spec, which is where you ideally want to be.

Whe overclocking, your target goal is the next point at which the bus is in spec. These points are 66, 100, 133 FSB. If you have a 66 MHz chip, you want to shoot for 100 FSB. 100 chips shoot for 133. Above and beyond these points will throw the bus out of spec by degrees. That's why 83 FSB is a killer. The bus is SO far out there, you usually wind up with all kinds of data corruption, etc....

Something to think on....

Mr B

for some reason i cant get a 100fsb, all my hardware supports it, but when i turn it on with a 100FSB, (which is 1050 mhz) it doesnt boot

Back