• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD or INTEL????????????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joey_rjm5

I am wondering if I should go with an AMD system or an Intel system. OI am wanting to get a geforce 2 and I want to onerclock and be able to overclock as much as possible. What works best, easiest and with the least amount of problems.

hummm.. good question!! haha. umm..... .. take your pick!!!!

As far as problems go, all computers can have problems and amount of problem varies. Intel might be less problem in working with other PC components but this doesn't always apply... so, I can't quite answer this question specifically. This topic also might draw people to argu who is better and who is not. haha..

but if I were you, I'd choose Intel. heehee~~

decide want you want spend $$$ read as much as possible at this web site and learn what you can before you go out and spend any money Besides Intel or AMD you will need a good mainboard as well as decide what chipset to pick theres allot to learn here and if you study a little bit you could end up with a awesome PC

goodluck

I know. I'm having a time trying to gather info from all over the place. I am a senior in highschool without a job so I don't really have much money. I want a geforce 2 pro or something are there many known compatibility issues with amd and geforces. I am able to find stuff so cheap. I found ghz amds for about 120 including shipping, and I can't believe how cheap memory is. I saw 128mb of pc2100 mem for like 30 bucks on price watch. can u use that at any speed you want?

Be careful about cheap memory, when overcloking you will need quality Ram I dont think 2100 will work in a 133 MB. if you read the tips section under the heading of video card performance it should tell you if there is any problems with AMD and GF line of VC's

good luck

Back