• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid P4 nOOb question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Friend is sending me an MSI 648 Max

Im reading the adobe mobo manual so I can be up on this bord, it sayes something about an atx 12v power connector "JPW1" to provide power to the processor.

My question is this: Do I have to connect this "JPW1" connector or will the atx 20-pin Power connector "CONN1" suffice to power everything including the cpu... ?

Reason I ask is because I dont think my sparkle psu has that "JPW1" connection. could be wrong tho.

I posted this in pentium mobo forum but I think there ignoring me lol or there just not home for the last 4 dayes
:D

I think the connector you refer to is the 4 pin connector/ No need to get a new PSU if your supply is 350 watts or higher/ or better yet, does more than 12a on the +12v rail... aftermarket adapters are out there if you hunt for them, as the board prob won't boot without it.

Back