• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling for when I O/C a SEPP Celeron 400 to 600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bowside

I know how and am able to o/c the cpu, but I am uncertain of what combo of heatsinf/Fan to use. Has anyone done this before, can they suggest a combo?
(by the way, I'm new to this)

First make absolutely sure you can at least boot up at 600Mhz with that thing before you spend some money on decent cooling. I had a SEPP (Slot1) 400 for about a year, but I could not get anything, anyhow, anyway above 83Mhz FSB, not even with my current Abit BE6-II mobo. (Mine was a Malaysia 'SL37V' retail Celeron 400 SEPP)

The CelHO from http://www.3dfxcool.com may be a good choice. HSF's for SEPP Celly's aren't widely available anymore.

It might be a GlobalWin FAB-24/28. 3dfxcool loves to re-name HSF's with their own monickers. Dunno why, as it just makes it APITA to compare their coolers with everybody else's.

Back