• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

38œC idle, 41œC load. Normal for water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I just assembled my first water cooling system, so I don't know what the temperatur fluctuations are supposed to be. I'm just wondering if this is supposed to be normal.

My CPU @ idle, default speed and voltage runs at 38œC, and OC'd to 3.25, 1.65 VCore, 100% load, it runs at 41œC.

That's only 3 degrees difference between idle stock, and OC'd full load!

My components are:
Epox 4PCA3+
Eheim 1250
White Water
Jr-120 Heatercore
1/2" tubing
T-Line - no res.

Pretty Close

Yeah with a P4 C those sound like reasonable temps...

Here's a link to a bunch of different water blocks you can check how theurtemps compare to yours.

You notice on that link that it only when you really start to overclock that you see a bigg difference in temps.

If your not really happy with those temps you can think about pelitiers, but I wouldn't rush into that myself.

Also you can always go get an AMD as your next processor and you'll see a major temp drop. J/K:p

I'm happy with the temps, I was getting 48œC on air, so I'm getting a 7œC drop, and a much quieter computer.

I've got a few pelts sitting around and some nice dedicated high amperage PSU's. My Maze 4-1 just came in today as well. Once I get my Caprice heatercore, then I'll experiment wth my TEC's.

Sounds Good

Definitly smart to make sure you have a good heater core before you stick on those Pelts. I have a dual 80mm danger den and it's barely (not really) enough for one 226w tec.

After one hour my resivior temp would raise almost 10 c :mad: and consiquently my case temp would jump almost as fast. It sucks working against yourself.

Anyway best of luck on cooling project. :D

So I didn't screw up my first watercooling setup after all :) I have these nice peltiers sitting around and a Maze4-1. I'm just waiting for my 12V, 45amp PSU to arrive :)

I just got done with my first watercooling setup with my A64 3000+ OC'd to 2450mhz. Although my temps dropped about 12C over the OEM A64 air solution they seem a little high to me especially the idle and load temp delta of around 10C. Much different than your 3C difference. Part of the reason this seems a little high to me is because my Athlon 2100+ on air with a thermalright sk7 and 45cfm fan idles at 34C and will hit 42C under load which is a 8C diff.

Using MBM5 with A64 3000+ @2450 and 1.68v (Shuttle AN50R mobo)
Water:
Idle - 35C
Load - 45C (prime 95 for 2 hrs)
System: 28C

Air:
Idle - 47C
Load - 56C
System: 27C

I am using a whitewater block, d-tek bay-rez, DD maze4 gpu block, D-tek pro-core radiator with 1/2" tubing.

Back