• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ram can out perform PC4200??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DMC8260

Registered
Beside PC4400 what ram can out perform PC4200???
I have a 2.4C at 285FSB and I know the CPU can go more, but then my ram craps out on me. I am using 1:1 and 1:1 only.
Any ram can out perform the PC4200 and if it can run tight timming that will be great.

when u get to those speeds(285+) it comes down to the chips themselves -how hi they will oc and some luck. right now it seems komusa has some speed binned adata pc4200 that really flies for cheap.. youre best bet is to get 2x256 stiks.. maxvla got a stick that runs stable at 295 at 2.9v now i dont think every stick will run that good but everyone who has gotten them are very happy with the speed and very inexpensive price

Yeh I have heard of those ram.
I got the PC4200 but they R Hynix chip set.
Some guy said that the PC3500 BH5 or BH6 can out perform the PC4200??? But how???

this is an issue that will probably go on till ddr2 takes hold. early on when the pc4000 was a fortune to buy, alot of the fellas discovered their bh5/bh6 sticks would run real well at 5/4 ratio at tight timings, compared to the hi fsb 1-1 with pc4000 that needs loose timings, producing good bandwidth on 875/865 chipsets(especially with 3+v). it did, and still does. now with the advent of cheaper pc4000/4200 (like with komusa's 69.00 pc4200 sticks) guys are saying hey, why spend 175.002x256 to 350.00 2x512 for the rare and expensive bh5 or less rare bh6, when for 140.00 bux or 238.00 i can get some real hi quality 512 or a gig of some very hi 1-1 overclocking ram. especially, since they both produce similar bandwidth.. so basically u dont have to buy real hi 1-1 memory, but it seems that its cheaper and why spend extra if u dont have to..

BH5 ram isn't going to hit those kinds of FSB's without a ton of luck, a VERY solid motherboard and a TON of voltage.

I am another purchaser of the Komusa PC4200 ram, and I've discovered that my motherboard is the prime roadblock rather than the ram. I'm running 284fsb on mine on 2.85v and it's still ready for more...

Only after I'm able to voltmod my motherboard will I be able to tell you actually where this memory stops.

Albuquerque said:
BH5 ram isn't going to hit those kinds of FSB's without a ton of luck, a VERY solid motherboard and a TON of voltage.

I am another purchaser of the Komusa PC4200 ram, and I've discovered that my motherboard is the prime roadblock rather than the ram. I'm running 284fsb on mine on 2.85v and it's still ready for more...

Only after I'm able to voltmod my motherboard will I be able to tell you actually where this memory stops.

Hope to hear from you soon. I really want to know where I can get some ram that will allow me to do 300FSB 1:1, that will be SWEET!!!

I am using 1:1 and 1:1 only.
Is that a religuos thing?

Can't you at least try 5:4 with your existing RAM and see if that will get you to 300?
Who knows...

Br
hepp

the ocz pc4200el does 300fsb 1:1,but also it has alot of problems in alot of boards..also its like $300.00 something for a gig that doesnt run any better than Komusa ram..it just doesnt make any sence to buy anything else..im going to be getting a gig of there TRUE 3200 @ 2-2-2-5 for only 165.00..:) and see what it does on this A64 set-up..

Back