• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does capitalization matter for stats?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

i've been trying to figure out why my production isn't as good as it should be... perhaps this is the cause.

folding with OSUmaxx its capitalized just like that, but i've been running at least 1 rig with osumaxx not capitalized. toysrme suggested that it does matter and that this explains why my production is down, however... when i search for osumaxx on stanford there is only one result, the capitalized version.

so my question is does it matter?

You could be safe and type in the user name properly.

I have wondered the same thing my self as my folding name is PMSfishy.

I always type it in as "PMSfishy" as I would not want the stats going to some one else. I highly doubt that any one else has my name.

Lets see if we can get to the bottom of this.

just checked all my rigs. my a64, 2.8e, and one of my 2.6c rigs were folding under osumaxx. my slowest 2.6c was folding as OSUmaxx though.

Maxvla said:

only thing i don't see is points under the osumaxx like there are under OSUmaxx. if there are 9 cpu's folding why are there no points?

Yeah that doesn't make any sense, it's weird.

If you want your machines to fold faster, use the username "anvil82" without the quotes of course.

;)

anvil82 said:

Yeah that doesn't make any sense, it's weird.

If you want your machines to fold faster, use the username "anvil82" without the quotes of course.

;)
no way jose! :D

i'm trying to hold you off not add to your power :D

i noticed the last wu turnin is the same time even though the cpu count is different.

this is so confusing. i think i'll post up on the folding board if i can't find anything through a search.

Hrm, very strange indeed. I was under the impression that capitalization didn't matter.

Right now our active CPUs are way too low. I'm wondering if the points count no matter what the capitalization, but the active CPUs don't add up? Either way, better safe than sorry in the future.

Originally posted by OHairy1 on Folding-community.org
The name has to be exact including capitalization.
bah! ok well at least i found out the reason our stats are down.

OSUmaxx said:
Wow... I hope we can convince some of the borgs to change over!
already got about 4-5 of the cpu's switched over with 2 more new p4 HT rigs coming.

active processors are up to 21 and we have 837 points as of this post from just today. our previous output was about 1000 ppd, but its not even noon yet :D

I always make all my online usernames in lowercase for that reason. It helps me avoid hardaches like that. Good job on your increase. Keep it up!

well i'm not sure whats going on but we had a severe drop off. 837 points as of 11am and its now 7:53 and only 1090 points. still got one more update left for today though. we'll see what happens.

ok the stats sites don't agree. extreme oc says 1090, but dyyryaths says 1,226 today.... heh not sure which to believe. i don't remember what our total points was before the 12am update this morning.

That makes me wonder how accurate the stats really are now. I think I should be green by now.

Back