• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone messed with the mobile xp 2000,2200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brock8503

Registered
I was just wondering if any one had messed with these proc. sense all of the other reg xp are locked. It might be another cheap alternative. They might be close to the older b cores ??? dunno though.

Brock8503.

...but even the higher rated Mobile Bartons are multiplier unlocked so everyone's getting those right now since they're excellent overclockers and have double the cache of 2000+ and 2200+.

yea i understand that but i was thinking this might be an even cheaper chip to go with and get 1700 b speeds and thats pretty good becuase with the money u save, 90 to 60, u can get a stick of ram or something else.
i dunno just rammbling.

brock8503

Desktop 2100+ B is multiplier unlocked and is priced like the mobiles you mentioned. T-Bred B's overclock similar, if $ is a prob and 2.3 GHz is fine for you, you can save $15-$20 by going with the desktop 2100+ B.

yea i was just wondering if they drop more in price like 40~50 it would be worth it i just realized the 2400 mobile is only 17 more. o well. i got a 2500m already just wondering if the tbreds had any potential. id like to see the numbers. i thought all the desktop xps were locked.

u got it!
brock8503

got one yesterday from newegg, pulled it out after only 30 mins-

won't even do 2.2 @ 1.65

its the 2000m AIXIB stepping-

theres nothing i can do with it-

the 2400m i have is a big disgrace aswell, will only do 2.25@ 1.65v-

thats 7 cpu's i've bought in 5 weeks time, non of them will give me atleast 2.3-2.4 @ 1.65v-

all of them are going on sale, gonna flip the script for sure now and ride the pentium bus-

least i know ill get better yields at lower voltage-

well vid u might want to rethink that b/c most mobiles do get high speeds urs might need little more vcore but dont give up. got my 2500m at 2.6 v1.9 ish i can boot 2.5 at 1.75~1.8 but thats not the problem most of these cats are able to do that but have not run stability test on it to see if its completely stable. i dont think mine is at 1.7 ish @ 1.8v it prob is stable.

i never thought of that though brock, maybe these guys arnt stable with their super steppings-

we'll im gonna reconsider one more time but this is it for amd, they either provide me with a XP that can get me 20k in 3dmark01 or ill crossover-

id get a64 now but current chipsets holdback the yields badly and that would eliminate my fun of overclocking-

i saw that excalibur promises "I" steppings on their 2500m's-

ill order one here in a bit but i sure hope i can get atleast 2300mhz @ 1.65v-

Back