• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V processor upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ckoht

Registered
Have an early A7V with the KT133 chipset (200MHz FSb), am currently running a Duron 750. Does anyone know how fast of an Athlon this board will be happy with? Also will be upgrading to a Geforce2 or Geforce3, any advice on video cards?

Tbird Upgrade

Richard999,

Thanks for the info. As for BIOS; been browsing the forum and it looks like the 1008 Bios upgrade may be unstable?
What rev would you recommend? Ths system will not be overclocked

I am using the 1007 bios as we speak. Haven't had a lick of trouble.

The chip will be hard wired for the 14x multiplier; so it'll be plug and play. :) Just set everything to auto, and you're set.

I have the A7V, and the highest multiplier I can chose is x12,5, and that is with jumpers. I don't think a new bios will help, because you can't change the multiplier in there. The A7V has the KT133 Chipset, so your FSB speed won't get much over 110MHz (mine only hit 109MHz), that gives 1375MHz (110x12,5) That's not even 1400MHz, and it leaves you without any chance of overclocking.
I wouldn't put anything higher that a 1.2 GHz on a A7V

Just my 2 cent.

Richard999 said:
I am using the 1007 bios as we speak. Haven't had a lick of trouble.

The chip will be hard wired for the 14x multiplier; so it'll be plug and play. :) Just set everything to auto, and you're set.

How do you change the multiplier in the Bios?

It'll work. Leave the jumpers set to auto. The bios will automatically detect the 14x multiplier on the CPU.

I can find the Multiplier settings in the Bios, but if I change them, nothing really happens.

Back