• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a good motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Really depends on what you are looking for. Most people will tell you Abit, then Asus, then Giga-Byte. Each has there own problems, and benefits. The Max3 was supposed to be THE board for P4 o/c but it has been found to have power issues. It's a very nice board in what it has to offer though. I have a Giga-Byte, they are supposed to also have volt issues but I ahve had no problems with it. It has performed beautifuly.

Just check out the boards on those 3 vendors, make an informed decision on that.

I am looking to get into an Abit though because it has the best BIOS options and typicly is know to out perform all the rest. Example a guy at work just built a P4 2.0 rig on an older Abit board 'S somethin 6' and right out of the box on stock everything o/c'd to 3.4GHz, stable.

Consider board features and your future needs. Good luck!

Another suggest, check out the Albatron PX865PE Pro II...

ATA/133 raid
SATA/150 raid
Envy 24PT audio (same 7.1 24bit 96khz EAX 2.0 audio as M-Audio revolution card)
Normal ATA/100 for cd, dvd, etc
Dual bios in case you get a bad flash
Gigabit ethernet over the Intel CSA bus (doesn't use PCI bandwidth)
2xFirewire, 8xUSB 2.0
Active northbridge cooling
AGP 8x, Pat, dual channel ddr, PS2 connectors, parallel, serial, game port :p

A ton of stuff for $130, and mine was doing 284FSB with ram at 1:1 on my 2.4C and Komusa ADATA ram.

Back