• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-Max 3 Sporadic Cold Boot Issue resolved

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ocman

Registered
After going through a few different power supplies trying to cure my sporadic cold boot issue I searched around and found the fix.

Apparently leaving the onboard raid controller disabled can cause sporadic cold boot issues on this board.

I saw a post about this somewhere and immediately enabled mine. Its been over a week now and I have not had a problem since. Im running an Antec True 550W at the current time.

People initially advised me that the PSU would be the cause for this but that was not the case.

Anyway if any of you all are having this problem and have this disabled in the bios try enabling it and see if it goes away.

If that post I read was from one of you all thanks alot.

http://forums.devhardware.com/archive/t-16117

Ocman

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, thats interesting. I bought the Max 3 when it first came out and my mobo was the cold boot problem king. It took 2-3 tried before it would finaly boot up.:rolleyes: But after about 4 months i finaly got tired of it and RMA'ed the board back to newegg and got a replacement. I have not had a single cold boot failure with this new mobo.:)

Right now I have the silicone raid chip enabled as well as the drivers installed but i do not use it. I prefer the Intel (IC5) "on chip" raid controller.

Back