• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this is a "which mobo should I get" thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
This is a "which motherboard should I get" thread, so be prepared to regurgitate lots of information.

Here's what I need: an unbelievably stable, unbelievably powerful motherboard.

I'm building a system for my father that will be for video editing and mad photoshopping. I'm going for a 3.2GHz p4 800fsb w/ HT.

He wan'ts some crazy video output device called a Matrox rtx 100 or somethign like that. This piece of hardware requires two additional physical drives. I'm also putting in serial ATA RAID so this motherboard must have serial ATA RAID and your basic IDE stuff so that I can have 4 hard drives and 2 optical drives in the system. It would also be nice if it had IDE RAID so that I can put additional drives in the system if needed in the future.

A few months ago, I was seeking this same advice because my dad said he was thinking about building a new system. I believe the conclusion was to get an Abit IC7 or IS7 or something. . . but that was months ago.

So what's the best motherboard out there now? Still the Abit ones? They sell for around $120 or so on newegg, but there's also p4 motherboards that sell for over $180 now. I'd think the $180 motherboards must have something new and special on them that would make me want to get that instead.

Back