• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB and GPU cooling Project!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I am thinking about building a two heatsink for my North Bridge and GPU....i was going to buy waterchill instead of making one...but then learning how peltier works and how great it is...i decided to make my own heatsink for them two...
my lay out....
2" x 2" x 3/4" copper block on the bottom
170watt Peltier in the middle will be powered by 500watt PSU
AMD heatsink on top with fan
and Arctic Alumina between each of them to hold it up.....

do you think i need to add anything more to it or it will do the job of cooling my North Bridge and GPU....i am planning on overclocking my CPU from 3.4 to beyond 4.3...

thanks for any tips or suggestions....

i think even a 170 watter puts out more heat than a stocker AMD cooler can handle. I would reccomend water on that pelt but ask someone who really knows in the EC section.

i wont be using total 170 watts...but ill be using 136watts since ill be powering it up from my secondary psu which is 500watts and out puts 12v at each out put....since ill be using the 12v to power it up it will be about 11.33 amps....(volts*amps = watts)...and on top of the amd stock heatsink ill be running a 5600rpm 60mmx60mm fan to cool it off....i want to leave liquid cooling as the last option for me because i want to try something different from everyone and ill be using it for North Bridge and GPU so i dont need to go extreme on it.....here is a link to somethin extreme with a peltier....Link.....

i posted here becuase no one seem to respond to my question in there so i brought it out here...

Back