• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smokey_

Hello i just want to know how to over clock a celeron processor. Plz someone help me overclock if u can just send or post a tutorial. I have 565 mhz celeron.

Last edited:
On the very first page of Overclockers.com (not the forum...the REAL homepage) there are links to the left of your screen. There is one that includes a beginner's guide to overclocking. It gives you all the basics. Read that at least twice.

Come back after you feel you have at least grasped the basics if you run into any problems. We will all be more than happy to help you begin your overclocking quest.

Welcome to the forums!

ok i know that i cant change the multiplier so the only way is to change bus speed, but i need help in how to change core voltage and the bus speed

It's all done in the BIOS or on the board with jumpers. I believe the default voltage for those is 1.65V. You want to be able to get it to at least 100MHz so it is then running at 850Mhz. If you can post at 100MHz but not load Windows, it probably requires more volts. Try it at about 1.75V. If no go there, 1.8V. YOU MUST KEEP AN EYE ON TEMPERATURES! This is very important. Heat can kill and kill fast. If you have good cooling, you should be fine. Try to keep it below 40C if at all possible.

Just try going up little by little until you can get into Windows then run something like Prime95 or CPUStabilityTest to stress the processor to check stability.

Let us know what kind of motherboard, etc. you have so we can be of more help...

Most likely its gonna be DEL when your starting up.

It should tell you press 'DEL' or whatever to enter bios or 'setup'. Same thing.

Hey dude, its not as hard as you think. Another thing to keep in mind is that not all boards allow you to adjust voltage. Good luck, and have fun with it.

smokey_ said:
how do i edit the fsb in BIOS

Find the softmenu or section where the cpu settings are, change the cpu speed to user defined... then you will see a whole bunch of selections.... DO NOT enable speed error hold if your bios supports it, it will reset your changes everytime you boot.

Do as the prior posts explained for the voltages.

Back