• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Supplies to buy! (Review)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayboykb

Okay - I've been reading - I went to the stickies and read.. so here's a little list of the things that I'm considering buying.. I'm not gonna buy anything (besides maybe hose clamps from Wal-Mart) without some sort of verification from you guys! :D

Radiator / Heatercore
Black Ice II
$58
ThermoChill 120.3
There's also something called "The Scoop" - but it's $150 so I'll leave it alone.

Tubes
Tygon
$2.35/foot

Pumps - There are a lot of them.. but I'm pretty settled on this one.
Eheim 1250
$70

Water Blocks are what I need help on.. I have a 2.8C O/Ced to 3.1 right now.
Maze 3
$42
Swiftech MCW462
$52

If there are any better / cheaper water blocks for P4s.. plz let me know

So now I have the Fans, the Shrouds, and the actual coolant/additive left to buy.. but that shouldn't be too much.

I'm also going to buy a "T" to minimize air bubbles in my water.. update me if this list is terrible or good.. or anything! :cool:

For around $60, you can get the DangerDen RBX, and it'll outperform any of your waterblocks.

For $70, ditch the eheim 1250 and get a MCP600 Rev. 2
Tygon is the best of the best
Thermochill 120.3 is my radiator choice as of now.

T-line is good, get a barb, stick it on the end, and then buy a cap from home depot for it. Get quiet, but air moving fans, Shrouds come with the Thermochill 120.3, and for additive, I hear Zerex Super Protector is good, clear, and doesn't smell or anything.

-Fyberwire

IMO,
Get a Mag3 or MCP600
Dtek Whitewater or DD RBX waterblock
Tygon is nice, but too expensive.. go with clearflex or clear pvc with a thick wall for ~50-70 cents per foot.
Try to find a capric heatercore or just two dtek heatercore, they're really cheap and really good.

As for the T, tees are okey, but they're hard to bleed/fill. Have you heard about bigben's "airtrap" teeline design?

Okay - it sounds like the Swifty pump is the pump of choice around here.. I've found one for $80.. but I'll see if I can get it any lower. I'm looking on some devhardware forums about the mag 3 vs. the swifty and it seems to be fairly competitive.. with the mag being about $30 cheaper.

I think I'll stick with the RBX (unless the white water is really good).. and I've never heard of BigBen's air trap design - is it pretty good?

One more question - - ** the HE 120.3 is huge.. I don't know if I want to mod my case (I'm not too much of a handy man) - but I don't know if I want to mod a heater core (changing the barbs) either.. is there any radiator/heater core that I can get with no (or very little) modding?

Oh and..
pic9.jpg

I guess that's just about how my setup should look when I get done.. that's the same case (and motherboard I think) that I have.*

link doesn't work, and since all your parts your planning to get are high quality, why skimp on the block? go get yourself a rbx, whitewater or cascade(if possible)

Back