• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im Scared !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Takovr

I just got my barton mbil 2500 chip from new egg, I have a asus a7n8x delux mother board, Im running at 12x200=2.39 mhz !!
Man this is one fast chip. Im scared because I can go even higher.
Just thought I would let you all know what a great chip this is...

Gene

2.39Mhz is slower than a common hand held calculator... I think you mean 2.39GHz.
That's a nice OC, what vcore are you using, what is your cooler and what temps are you getting?

lol sorry

Ya I ment 2.39 gigs, Im at 1.65 volts cpu is 31 c I have a copper heatsink and tornado fan.

12.5x200

Well I just tryed 12.5x200 got 2.49gigs v-core is 1.80 same as you. What speed should I "burn" this chip in with ?

most people burn in at as low speed as they can get at high vcore.
I wouldn't go over 2v at any speed on air, but that's just me.
so 100x5 @ 2v for 24hours of Prime95 at highest priority.

Thank you

Thank you for the help, and happy over-clocking.

Gene, aka (Papillon108th) on battlefield vietnam

Some people have good luck with burning in, but when I tried it with my OLD pally, I lost 100mhz off my overclock. What burning in does it inproves 1/2 the chips on the cpu, while harming the other half. If the half it improves is what is holding it back, you will get an improvement. Likewise if its not. Because of this, I do not believe in forced burn ins, but rather, to let usage over time do it for me.

Re: 12.5x200

Takovr said:
Well I just tryed 12.5x200 got 2.49gigs v-core is 1.80 same as you. What speed should I "burn" this chip in with ?

Ok maybe prime95 or toast and a clock speed of 500mhz with as high of voltage as you ever plan to use.

The Coolest said:
most people burn in at as low speed as they can get at high vcore.
I wouldn't go over 2v at any speed on air, but that's just me.
so 100x5 @ 2v for 24hours of Prime95 at highest priority.

Does this help the chip in anyway ? burning it in?
i just went as high as i could then droped it till it got really stable.
by burning in will it let me get higher speed with less vcore ?

Yuriman said:
Some people have good luck with burning in, but when I tried it with my OLD pally, I lost 100mhz off my overclock. What burning in does it inproves 1/2 the chips on the cpu, while harming the other half. If the half it improves is what is holding it back, you will get an improvement. Likewise if its not. Because of this, I do not believe in forced burn ins, but rather, to let usage over time do it for me.

Back