• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vapochill LS or Mach2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1. vapochill ls is easier to build
2. the head is compatible with intel and amd64/fx chips
3. better cooling performance over the standard mach2
4. it comes with an aluminium kit as standard.

the only con of the vapo is the the compressor noise. but if you don't mind standing next to a fridge its ok.

if you're on an a tight budget. get the mach2 ST
if you want good looks and better performance get the vapo LS
however if you want the best performance and cost isn't an issue get the mach2 GT

Sounds like the vapochill LS is a winner. The price range i can afford is that of the vapochill LS but thats the absolute max i can afford, not a penny more.

Why is the mach 2 ST so much cheaper than the rest mach2 series? Does it compromise cooling ability?

How much percentage overclock would differ a cooler @ -25C for example from the mach 2 gt at -55C?

Thanks

the mach2 ST doesn't come with a LCD. that is all. so it still has the same cooling performance.

i don't know how much % overclock you would get at certain temps. it varies too much between different evaporator heads/cpu/mobo.

the GT and LS are r404a or possibliy r507 gassed, they reach much lower temps (about 20C) than the r134a gassed systems. (all of the others are r134A gassed)

I would reccomend a GT or a LS, which ever is cheaper if you dont want to do any modding.

If you can find a HVAC tech to regass a mach 1 for you get that. A properly regassed mach 1 will do the same, and in many instances beat both the GT and the LS. The regassed mach 1 should only cost you around 600-700$.

about the regassed mach2.

they aren't approved for r404 or r507. if they are regassed, fan speeds will have to be increased. they become louder.

also it would be wise to keep cpu's underload, because when the evaporator head gets too cold. damage to the unit may occur!!

lifespan is reduced.

i think this maybe true for the mach2 GT aswell since its using exactly the same compressor.

No one has had a problem with it yet.

Not apporved just means that they dont want to run the compressor though the gamaut of tests because it will cost them too much money.

You can get the evaporator head as cold as you want. Well, it might start geting dangerous around -150C, but its not possible to do it using a single stage system with the compressor that they use.

yup my mach I unit is still working fine with R404 gas mod that I had done to it about ohhh 10 months ago. I got a mach II with the same mod, and a Lightspeed unit that just got here today :) cant wait to play!!!

yeah, really. I needed to sell a computer to afford this mach 1, you're just buying phase change systems left and right.

haha all you people are sad.....1000 dollars for a phase change system....do it yourself custom and get the same temps for less than half as much....haha just me talkin, and i'm like Mr. Frugal

DOnt be sad, I own a computer store here in California, so it just makes getting the equipment easier. Some guys spend there money on a hot rod, wife or kids, etc. I have no wife, no kids, just a cat, a girl on the side, and a serious Diet pepsi addiction. :) plus the new vapo LS, was a lot cheaper than the mach II, i paid about 780w/shipping , without tax using my resellers liscense. so it wasnt to bad.

ChiefScout said:
haha all you people are sad.....1000 dollars for a phase change system....do it yourself custom and get the same temps for less than half as much....haha just me talkin, and i'm like Mr. Frugal

I only paid 500$ for mine....

I was looking into building one and it would cost around 400$ for the parts. It was so much simpler to get one preconstructed.

wow, thats an incredible price. Normally they are supposed to be around 1000$, but thats like 5-600$. (I think, I'm just doing a rough currency exchnage)

Does anyone know a way to damp the noise of the ls's compressor? For how many dbs are we talking anyway? I think i can live with 35 :p

its about 35-40db

its not so bad really, certainly not as bad as fans at full blast, it defaults to 75%fan speed

Back