• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with a DELL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

yo
whenever play neverwinter nights on my dell it crashes to a screen that says "due to new hardware that is not properly installed windows
will shutdown" this is the error message that it brings up " stop: 0x000000D1 (0x0000005c , 0x00000008 , 0x00000001 , 0xf7f59c42)
P16x.sys - Address - F7F59c42 base at f7f43000
Datastamp 3d6f2ccc
any help would be great

Have you tried installing any patches? Whenever I get a stop error I usually turn to google. If it happens only when you play the game, you can hopefully fix it w/ a patch.

*edit* Look here . If you read the post by Pablovi, for him the issue was his soundcard.

Good luck

Call dell, if you still have your warrenty.. Maybe they will cover this(I really dont know the problem yet). But they will come over(SEND A DELL NERD) or you'll get to spend 2 hrs on the phone with them!! Good luck! :)

shard said:
i think the replaceing the soundcard will fix it but will it void the warrenty?

You don't necessarily have to replace the soundcard. I didn't completely read pablovi's post, but I think he was suggesting that the problem could be solved by disabling some of the sound card's features. You might mess w/ the setup/audio options in the game and see if you can get it to work. You might also try messing w/ the video options to see if that could be your problem.

On another note, I would call Dell before you open up your case. I used to have an old Gateway and if I opened the case w/o their permission, the warrenty was voided.

You might want to check for viruses. I know that there are viruses that prevent games from running properly and they cause errors that look like faulty memory. Could be where that hardware problem is coming from. Run a virus scan.

well actually the dell belongs to my uncle and he is one hell of a hillbilly
he doesnt beilive in the internet, or that i am a certified A+,MCSE,CISCO,Network+,Orange Major. he has a sh** fit whenever i go to fix their computer (which is 3 times a week on average) so i have to go bootleg with my cousin to get the damn thing fixed. so i have to constanly download crap for them at my house then take over to theirs. I tried updating the drivers and stuff but it realy didn't fix anything , actualy i think it cuased more crap to fly.

I have friends just like that, they don't believe that I know more about pcs then they do so they don't let me touch it, that is why I don't if they don't need my help I'm not giving it cause if I do something and something goes wrong a year later they are probably going to blame me.

Back