• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Over the past few days my 3.0c kept sudden rebooting so i upped the voltage but no luck, so i then ran it stock and to my suprise i still get reboots, prime fails in seconds.

I still had my 2.4c chip so i decided to try that, put that in all stock cleared cmos etc etc, and yet STILL sudden reboots and prime fails within seconds.

I tryed the old kingston ram in this pc, although no luck. My +12 rails etc are all as normal temps are fine. Infact ive never let my temps go past 50c on cpu or mosfets.

All i can put this down to is the motherboard. Is there anything i can try? I am really out of things to test.

Thanks Scott

I have no volt meter, but what you can messure with the bios/software, they same as when my system was stable.

Anyone have any ideas? Anything? Ill try anything no matter how stupid it may sound :p

Im not sure what else i can tell you, its my main rig (of course) ummm need to know more infor? im not sure what else to tell you.

Cheers, ill have a try.

One thing that i forgot to mention. Remembering that my 2.4c I KNOW is stable stock vcore and stock voltage. I ran my 3.0c @ 1.5 with 1.67vocre overnight prime and it was stable, yet @3.0 stock vcore prime fails inseconds. And so does the 2.4c, it fails prime in seconds. BUT remember i KNOW that the 2.4c is stable @ stock.

Perhaps a bit more confusing now? hehe. Maybe that will help (if it makes any sense)

As mentioned up higher, try another Power Supply, it sure sounds like the problem to me.

Im sure its not the PSU because it was stable @ 1.5ghz. If it was the PSU i would have thought it wouldnt be stable at any voltage or speed . All i can think of this the mobo can't hack high speed/fsb.

Last edited:
[BBE]Jimbob said:
Anyone have any ideas? Anything? Ill try anything no matter how stupid it may sound :p

Okay, first, fill your bathtub with Pepto Bismal, pink bismuth liquid will work just fine. Then Shave off your eye brows (no kidding). Then get inside your bathtub with your computer and start petting it while going through the entire compilation of West Side Story songs. You need to videotape this so be sure to wear something in the bathtub. THEN, post your video online for all to see, hopefully your computer will work by then, good luck. ;)

Ok, I have found the problem.

AS i said above my ram was fine, well, perhaps not, it ram memtest fine for a few hours @ 200 so i thought i could rule the ram out of this. I then decided to try running just one stick of ram, i was running out of things to do.

So i boot my pc, run prime, and it passes some tests, so i swapt the ram around, and run prime and there we have it prime fails. i tryed the other ram incase it just got lucky but that wasnt to be the case.

The fact that it ran stable @ 1.5 is most probably because of the fact that the ram was running at 100 so it was well understock hehe.

Thanks

could be software. Have u tried to fresh reinstall windows? My fren had the same problem until he reinstalled windows.

Back