• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new waterblock for the nv40?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

odin30

Registered
Hi guys i just purchased a waterblock for my 9800xt not to long ago. It is the maze4 gpu block do you guys know if the new card from nvidia will work with that block?

the way i see it is if you're wiling to shell out money for a top of the line card then shelling out a couple more bucks for a new block is prob pocket change ;P

if anything just sell the old block in the classifies you wont end up losing too much

Seeing the heatpipe action on the NV40 makes me hope there's blocks sold that will be able to cover the ram modules as well as the die.

Would be interesting to know if Maze4 GPUs can be used.

Yeah. I would like to know also since I just purchased my new Silverprop Fusion HL for my Radeon 9800, but now I would want to buy the NV40. I guess I'll just sell this waterblock then.

cherrypoot i dont want to shell out for a new gpu block if i dont have too?
Why would you say this it is just a simple question.
If we already have our **** set up why buy something new, order it, wait for it, hope it gets here undamges and bleed all the water so we can set up our systems again. You make a great point :(

He was not trying to put you down. What he was saying is that if you are going to use the best parts available, then instead of trying to rig your GPU block to work on the new card, you should sell your old block and purchase a new one. That way you are getting the best cooling for the new card. Also it is not too hard to drain/refill/bleed a system. If your water/cooling stuff has been in there for a while, it is probly time to chance it any way and flush your lines out. I hope you enjoy your new card and look forward to see some benchmarks. It will be interesting to see how they set up the mounts on the new cards. I hope that new blocks will incorporate ram coverage to help us all out.

yeah i prolly took it the wrong way. sorry.
I really like the maze4 and can't see anything being much better so i hope it works.

thought i would bring this up again maybe there is some more info?

Back