• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best quiet fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The best, (if you can get them) are SilenX. They have very good cfm/noise ratings (off the top of my head, 80mm 27cfm @ 14dBa) which is pretty darn good. They also do 92 and 120s with similar noise levels and high cfm (37 for 92 and 50+ for 120 *i think*)
Not sure if you can get them down under though.....
Or panaflo if you can get them, they have good ratios as well

does this mean I can buy ADDA fans and just low volt them? Cause the 120mm silenx fans are expensive.

Thermaltake stock orange fans have 32CFM @ 21db, decent and fairly cheap, like a few bucks.

Vantec Stealth are pretty much the same too.

It's really a balance of CFM vs db vs money you wanna dish out for a fan :p

I would be willing to pay double what it cost for a good silent fan. MUST HAVE SILENT COMPUTER.
Luckily, panaflos are cheap and virtually silent in a big steel antec 1080 case. Sometmes when I walk up to the desk, I am not sure whether my computer is even on.

AcoustiFans are pretty good, so are Nexus. But I'm more of a member over are SilentPCReview so they may not have enough CFMs for you guys. Of course like veryone else has said Panaflo's are really quiet. Papst are OK but they make a sort of a clicking noise. I haven't had any experience with SilenX but I have not heard any bad reports about them.

Back