• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Archilochus, I finally gave in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mtb856

Archilochus, I finally gave in(and got the pics to load) :D

hey archilochus, I finally followed in your footsteps and used some metal shears on my case. My baby my baby :cry: , she turned out all right in the end though

Last edited:
Your You've Got Pictures has expired.

Your session expired because either:

You've Got Pictures has been inactive for over 30 minutes, or your computer is set to not accept cookies.

Learn more about "Cookies" here.
:-/

I can provide pic hosting if you want. There are also quite a few other people who provide hosting here on the forums. PM me and we can work something out.

Here they are! Thanks for all the help everyone. :D This top one is a TMD fan put to good use cooling my PSU.
DSCF0198.jpg

My computer next to my alien looking desert plants :D
DSCF0193.jpg
a2138ca2.jpg

And one more pic of the chop shop. I ended up making the hole a little bigger on the top, so that I could stick my Tornado in there to get some funneled cooling on my video card and cpu. It looks lopsided in the pic, but thats my skill with a camera showing up.
33408cad.jpg

nice , did you get a drop in your temps ? i got about 3'C to 4'C

i cut my grills out and drills 6 - 1/2" holes in each side of the front plate. i can feel my 120mm pull the air throw them

Thanks and yeah, my temps dropped by about 3C load, not bad for just cutting some metal off. Not to mention that the noise from my case has dropped noticeably. Thanks for the idea, archilochus

looks good but I would consider getting a hand file and smothing out some of that metal on the top front side fan. I know how hard it can be modding a case with tin snips and other wierd tools. I got one here that is looking pretty sad. Other than that nice work, it is good to see you on your way to adiction :)

Back