• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good steping for a 750 duron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

malbolgia

Registered
im gona build a friend a pc

hes on a tight buget so im geting him a 750
which is good for overclocking

I wouldn't get a 750 since I have heard a lot of problems overclocking them. Try and find an AKBA 600 or 650. I got mine up to 1104 on air and Frank had 2 that will do about 1100. If you get an AKBA 1000-1050 is a good bet.

Check out the "CPU DATA BASE" on the front page of this site. The average speed adhieved is 965MHz with the best reported results coming from the AKBA and AKCA cores. My experience has shown the AKBA to be an very good candidate for your endevour.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you try to find a DURON 600 if you can, these CPU'S have an excellent reputation for ataining high overall speeds.

Good Luck!

yes i know about the 600
i tried to find one about a week ago for a unkle but had no luck :(

I've got an AKCA. 800@1053. It's doing 117fsb ("econo" board limit) by9.0. It's unstable if I go too much beyond that but I have got it to post and boot (kind of) up to around 1150.

Wow..I hadn't heard about a lot of problems with the 750? The AKBA and AKCA codes are what you want to find for the 750's..chances are the AKBA's are gone so the AKCA is probably what you would find.

I picked up an AKCA 750 for $20 +shipping on Ebay of all places and the chip is a screamer. I have it running 133/33 @ 1.85v...1Big Gig. It runs a little warm on summer days but has been running F@H for months at 133 w/o any problems. Good luck!

just get a 1ghz tbird it is only 72dollars on pricewatch and has a better chance getting to 1.3/1.4 the duron will never do taht! 81shipped is a good deal. get a 17inch monitor instead of a 19incher and spend it on cpu/hsf.

malbolgia said:
ok thanks ill post me results on tusday

mine cant.........my duron 750 wouldnt run anything over 990...
(7.5*132).....it was a AKCA core

now my duron 600 cant run higher than 990 either....(7.5*132) it is a AKBA core

i m using an ASUS A7V board with a kt133 chip that could do 133+ fsb for some reason

Unless you're super strapped on cash or are building a secondary computer (for girlfriend/wife/folding) I think iit's way more worth the cash to jump to a 1 GHZ+ AXIA Tbird chip.... Mine was only about $100 (I went to a computer show and picked up the stepping I wanted) and it does 1333 at default voltage for now (I need better cooling).

Durons were the bomb.... until the Athlons dropped so, so far down in price.

SickBoy

I have a Duron 600 AKBA that will only do 909 stable. It does have a chipp in the core though.

I also have a Duron 750 AKCA that will do 1123.

I may be bucking the trend though.

i got the 750 duron

but it wont post over 120 fsb at 1.85v :(

and this is a cheapo pc i made cost about 500 us dollars

Back