• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poopy KDS monitor, need upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AntonioBanderas

Disabled
Hola, I have the poopiest monitor in the world. It is a 15 inch KDS monitor and I don't even know what kind it is. I cannot find drivers for it either since I don't know what kind it is. It seems to be the only KDS 15" that runs 1280 by 1024 and the max hertz I can go on at ANY resolution is 60 hz.

My old NEC Multisync died a while ago so I am stuck with this pooper. If anyone has any idea what monitor I have and where I can get drivers for it or how I can find out what kind it is, please tell me. It can't find drivers for it in WinXP.

I was just recently told that monitors do, in fact, affect the performance of your gaming and gaming is pretty much the sole reason I use my computer. What is the absolute best gaming monitor that has the best bang for its buck? I have a few thousand dollars to spend but I hate spending money so I don't want to blow too much. I just want to get whatever will be the best deal and last a long time. I'd say my budget would be up to one thousand dollars. I want the monitor to be large in size yet portable, so probably an LCD and optimal for gaming. Thank you.

Dell 2001FP, can't be beat. Period.

Google "Korean Data Systems" and with some digging you'll find a link for drivers for their monitors. My wife's got one she absolutely loves (rejected a viewsonic 17f for) which sounds much like yours that I got the drivers for.
Good Luck.

My Two Cents

There is no doubt many people like the LCD mointors. It is true they are very nice to fit on desktops amd in small areas. However the high end CAD's that are used by high end vidieo processors and power gammers have a picture that is unparreled in sharpness and color.The high end of these come with a .22/.16 dpi that literaly blows away other mointors. These new cost $1800 to $3200 bucks but can be bought new or reconditioned for $500 to $800 bucks. Am example of this type of mointor is the Hitachi CM801u and the CM810. The following is an quote from the attached url:
The CM801U monitor, one of the finest monitors in the world today, is the dream of every CAD technician, Graphic designer and Ultimate Gamer in the Computer industry. It offers you a comprehensive array of features and enhanced performance and functionality to help you get the most out of your applications. It also provides brighter, sharper, and more accurate images for optimal performance. Just imagine the kind of performance you will receive using this monitor with your business or other activities.http://www.epinions.com/S0718333-RasterOps_CM801U/display_~full_specs If your interested and are having trouble finding this type of mointor do your searches on Google or contact me.The Graphic designer needs the best mointor made and the power gammers loves this type of mointor.

Last edited:
Back