• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7ZXR Rev 1.0 Mobo 160GB HD ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andypandy

Registered
I have just purchased the "Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 160GB IDE ATA/133 8MB cache 7200RPM" hard drive, but every time I boot from my win xp cd and try to format, it can only see 127.5GB of space ?? I originally had the 80GB Maxtor and that was not a problem.
I am on the very latet bios version if Fb. I have tried connecting the HD via the Ultra DMA port and also on the IDE port with the same results.

When I get the bios to autodetect my HD it's shows up as USER with no stats in the relevant fields. Whereas my original one would show up as USER WITH all the relevant fields and it's full 80GB size.

Personally I have come to the concultion it's the AMI bios (after all it's dated as 07-15-95 !!!!) and it is somehow different bios to the 'fb' upgrade on the gigabyte web site as this does not seem to make a difference on the date apart from display the latest version on the top of the boot up screen. Does anyone know if I can flash this AMI bios ?????

I have ordered another cheap motherboard (A7N8X-X) , but would like to sort this out before I move on.

Can anyone help please.
Thanks.

Would anyone know where I can get the latest bios version for the onboard ultra100 controller for this Motherboard. On bootup is is showing as Version 2.01 (build 37). My new maxtor is only showing up as 137GB ???? It should be 160GB ??

I have tried the Promise website, but running their PTIFLASH.EXE utuility from a bootup floppy basically says it cannot recognise the Promise Card and I can't find anything on the gigabyte site ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Back