• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

200 FSB on a a7n8x deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raider84

I have a a7n8x deluxe 1.04 mobo, and when i had 2100 ram i was able to achieve 200+FSB. But when i recently got ahold of 3200 ram i am no longer able to achieve 200fsb speeds. I have tried increasing cpu voltage, increasing ram voltage, changing memory timings, but to no luck. My comp will boot up but I get a BSOD rather quickly.

Anyone able to achieve stable 200FSB speeds on a rev 1.04 a7n8x deluxe board? Any advice?

hmm I think you posted in a wrong section,

But here is what i think: your pc3200 ram is defective. To test it , use memtest86 its on its own os so even if you couldnt get into winXP, it would still test your ram

Did you try pc2100 back on?

Well I used to own a A7N8X 1.04 (still have it) and for me to get over 200 FSB I had to lap the NB until I had a nice copper ring and also perform a vmod to the chipset. That allowed me to reach 220FSB stable. Before that 180 was topps.

Ri0, Can you point me to a walkthrough on how you did the Vmod to your board? I have the exact same board, but am a little sceptical about following WT's that say they're for a Rev 2.0 board.
[/offtopic]

I have to agree with MameXP on this one, if PC2100 could hit 200 fsb, and PC 3200 can't, the only thing I can think of is bad RAM.

straight from maximumoc

core
betweenportsandcpu_labeled.jpg

mem
mem_vmod.jpg

chipset
vddmod_new.jpg

my 2100 ram was running at 133 though, but the fsb was at 200. I ran the memtest86 and hot a crap load of errors in test 5. Looks like i might have bad ram. If my ram was bad though wouldnt my computer crash from time to time?

Back