• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB Target, lowest Poss. CL, which ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aNTiChRisT

Hey all, i am at it yet again -- i need more ram!

My FSB target is 266... i dont think i'll be going much higher because my cooling setup isn't that great for the volts im guna have to put throught the chip at that speed...

Anyway, with a target of 266 with headroom to up to about 280~ and of course, low latencies, which ram to you recommend? I have 3.2 volts to put though it on my motherboard...

Afew i was considering;

Simpletech Nitro pc4000 (high latency, but FSB overclocks to billyoh -- need to order from US tho :/)
OCZ 3*** EB (Hear they respond well to volts? Should be able to get them in UK)
Others?

Also, its got to be 2x512 (Gig, dual channel) so, fire away please :)

~t0m

people have been having great luck with adata. nice and cheap too. you could also look into komusa, but i'ts gotten a bit expensive as of late.....

do a forum search for adata, too lazy to link to it :p

As far as im aware Adata Viesta aint here in the UK either -- and the Nitro clocks better :p

~t0m

Man that rocks, im going to check out the OCZ because im pretty sure ive seen it at www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk mrspec3 -- what voltage was that? Im pretty hesitant to voltmod the board... With 3.2v what do you recon i could hit roughly?

~t0m

I expected as much, but 270 3-2-2 is fekking sweet :) Thanks for the pointer, its £255 compared to the £220 for the US stuff, but no risk :) (Well, little anyway)

~t0m

Back