• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case & Powersupply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keppy

Hi was just wondering about some stuff I was thinking on buying
I want to get a cooler master wave master and the vantec stealth 520w ps. is the case going to be good for overclocking or should i get a case with more fans in it. And is the ps good or should i go with a different brand. need a big ps for the geforce 6800 ultra

If you want a good combo I would look at the Antec 1080 case/PS combo. The antec case has plenty of airflow in it and lots of mounts for fans. The PSU is only a 430 watt but it's actually rated at that. You could also just get the case by itself and then grab a nice 550 watt antec.

I would suggest forton/sparkle but I see you live in alberta like me and have no way of getting one of those fine PSU's.

For my fellow Canadians, I suggest www.cbit.ca and www.acctech.ca for Fortron in Canada... the first is in Winnipeg and has the whole line of Fortrons, the second is in Vancouver and at last visit was only lacking the 400w with 120mm fan (look for FSP in the PSU listings).

I would suggest the 530w or the 400w with the 120mm. The Antec Truepowers above 430w will also do. The Vantec 520w will be so-so being a Topower made unit... it'll work, but the Antec 480w and Fortron 530w will likely outpower it.

i heard the wavemaster wasnt very good for cooling options, may want to read around some reviews before you decide..

Oklahoma Wolf said:
For my fellow Canadians, I suggest www.cbit.ca and www.acctech.ca for Fortron in Canada... the first is in Winnipeg and has the whole line of Fortrons, the second is in Vancouver and at last visit was only lacking the 400w with 120mm fan (look for FSP in the PSU listings).

I would suggest the 530w or the 400w with the 120mm. The Antec Truepowers above 430w will also do. The Vantec 520w will be so-so being a Topower made unit... it'll work, but the Antec 480w and Fortron 530w will likely outpower it.

Thanks for the links man. I just never saw forton at ncix or vibe or any of the other bigger online stores up here so I just assumed we were out of luck. Now I know :D.

I saw Fortron at NCIX once, but that didn't last long unfortunately. IIRC they do have some of the Nexus units made by Fortron, but not as cheap as Computer Boulevard or Acctech up there.

Back