• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

As5 > As3 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FACTION95Si

Is Arctic Silver 5 considerably better than Arctic Silver 3? I'm wondering if its worth buying AS5 when I have 2 tubes of AS3 at home? How much better is it?

You need a mod to move it just ask one.:)

About your question, if you already have alot of AS3 at home stick with that, there is only a 2-3c difference that has been noticed by myself and many otheres. :)

[BBE]Jimbob said:
You need a mod to move it just ask one.:)

About your question, if you already have alot of AS3 at home stick with that, there is only a 2-3c difference that has been noticed by myself and many otheres. :)

I don't know about that though, although the difference is minute, sometimes the difference is a bit bigger, my friend had his 9500 n/p with an arctic silencer, maxed out at around 355 core speed, we put some AS5 instead of AS3 on it, and we maxed out the core on 400...

So it depends on the surface area of the heatsinks you are using as far as I know, if they are very flat and lapped I bet you could hardly notice a difference, but otherwise you might actualy see a bit of a change/jump.

Any larger difference is due to other environmental and application differences. If everything else is exactly equal (hardly possible in a normal system setup, difficult in a bench testing setup), then the difference will be only a few degrees C max.

I would finish the tube of whatever AS I had handy.

Back