• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wilamette Cores Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tatuya

Just a quick question. My old CPU was a 1.7 GHz Wilamette core P4 and I ran CPUz on some computers at school and came up with the same thing. I was wondering if all these were intended for RAMBUS use or if they also use DDR (based on mobo I assume). Also, how much FSB do they have @ stock. Thanks again :D.

heyhey! im still using a williamette. depending on the mobo they can run on SD, RD, or DDR ram. FSB is 400mhz, but its L2 cache is only 256. its default voltage is 1.7 and it runs under both socket 423 and 478.

The socket 478 Williamettes are also fairly versatile, as they can run on the old 845 and 865/875 boards.

Rambus served it's purpose. Do not laugh. Intel got a slap in the face because of it.

Maybe Intel, under estimated the power of the DDR side.

If there was no Rambus, there would have been no advanced designs in Dual DDR. Rambus did originally start out as single channel, then Dual Channel.

For future Intel CPU's that will be 1066FSB, I would suspect that Rambus PC1066 would scale perfectly for a 1:1 ratio. For DDR, or DDRII maybe DDR 533 or DDR II 533 or 667??

i dont think intel underestimated DDR's power, they just overestemated the amount of money people were willing to pay for performance. after all, rdram was faster than DDR when it first came out, and not just barely either, just too darn 'spensive.

Back