• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fatccrunner

Registered
i just bought a new 9800pro and i was trying to install the software for it when i get this problem.. i have no clue what it is and i need some major help.. here is a screenshot of the problem... i dont know how else to describe it to you

ATIprob.JPG

We may need a bit more info, like is this a fresh install of windows? If not are you replacing an NVIDIA card for your ATi card on this same installation? Make sure that you've uninstalled any old display drivers if there were any.

Please give us as much information as you possibly can. The more info, the better we can help you. Good Luck I hope you get it working because those are nice cards.

yah he is replacing an nvidia card with an ati card here are his specs Dell Dimension 4550--P4 2.0ghz (Northwood)--180gb combined 7200 rpm storage space-- geforce 4 MX420-- Creative SB Live! Series

You have to use the nVidia eraser program (google it) to competely remove the old drivers "before" removing the old card. After removing the drivers, pull the old card and put in the new.

Make sure your AGP slot is the correct type, not sure how old the Dell is.

Make sure your not OCing the AGP slot or anything else until after you installed, the old card might have been more tolerant of OCing the AGP/PCI bus (if you were).

Yeah. I had the same problem too when I switched my 5900 for a 9800.
  • Download Driver Cleaner 3.
  • Uninstall the nvidia drivers.
  • Run Driver Cleaner 3
  • Install new ATi drivers

*Be sure to read the readme.txt for Driver Cleaner 3 for more detailed instructions.

Back