• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front Page

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BBigJ

It has been a while since we have been mentioned on the front page. For a while Ed had an essay at the top of the page about the folding project, but now it seems like even that is gone. All the other big teams periodically plug the teams on their website, might be time for us to do the same.

Good idea, someone should write something up and submit it. A quick break down of the competition situation would be a good part of an article probably.

We are mentioned on the left hand side. A while back i think they took it off but it semes to have reappered somewhere along the line.

I agree we should have a bigger mention.

Anyone up for some artical writing?

Ok lets brain storm!

If we write an artical Its going to need to include

- Explination of F@H
- Why we fold (ie how does folding help)
- Explination of the teams system
- Why you should fold for Team32
- How to start folding
- How to optimise your Folding rigs (flags)
- Info on overclockix, EM3 etc. (and links)
- Links to stats,stanford,forum,site,oneclick,installFAQ,New Member Thread etc.

Feel free to add ideas :)

- Explination of F@H
- Why we fold (ie how does folding help)
- Explination of the teams system
- Why you should fold for Team32
- How to start folding

soounds good.

Another thing that needs to go in is that website that benchmarked various programs running with and without folding in the background.

- How to optimise your Folding rigs (flags)
- Info on overclockix, EM3 etc. (and links)
- Links to stats,stanford,forum,site,oneclick,installFAQ,New Member Thread etc.

I disagree. We don't want to overwhelm potential folders with the article. We should portray folding as very simple to simple and easy and encourage people to come to this forum. We can include the above ideas with a line like "once you get started, it is easy to become facinated with stats, optimizing your rigs, and recruiting others..." Obviously, some links do need to be included in the article (stanford, faq, this forum), but we need to keep from overwheming them with details.

I will write something up sure, but I have to finish this essay first.

/me runs of to write 1500 words of complete and utter BS on the Vietnam War, becuase censor doesn't need a good mark on the course

BBigJ said:
soounds good.

Another thing that needs to go in is that website that benchmarked various programs running with and without folding in the background.

I disagree. We don't want to overwhelm potential folders with the article. We should portray folding as very simple to simple and easy and encourage people to come to this forum. We can include the above ideas with a line like "once you get started, it is easy to become facinated with stats, optimizing your rigs, and recruiting others..." Obviously, some links do need to be included in the article (stanford, faq, this forum), but we need to keep from overwheming them with details.

Yeh you make a good point. I was thinking maybe a multi part artical with the get started stuff in the 1st one and then the other stuff in the next gradualy getting more advanced.

Im thinking the 'getting people hooked' type of thing is just as improtant as 'getting people to just put it on there rigs' type of thing.

Personaly i dont think im up 2 writing a whole artical. I wouldent mine wrting the technical stuff because i have quite a factual writing style (so my english teacher used to tell me ;) ) but i would be crap at explaining the moral reasons of why you should fold :D

slater3333uk said:
Personaly i dont think im up 2 writing a whole artical. I wouldent mine wrting the technical stuff because i have quite a factual writing style (so my english teacher used to tell me ;) ) but i would be crap at explaining the moral reasons of why you should fold :D

Maybe we can collaborate, becaue I am good at the non-technical stuff. I will PM you when I am ready.

Back