• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS3 vs AS5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wraith

i've been out fo the loop for a while, is AS5 worth buying a whole new tube for? Is it really that much better?

Thanks in advacne for you patience ;-)

Most users see a 2 or 3 degree's chance. I know a lot of us wish we could keep getting that kind of reduction for around 10 dollars :clap:

unless they were defective on release day, i read reviews that it could take months before it would evern start to lower your temps. and barely had any differences with AS3... but thats what i read

I hear that it dosnt set as well as AS3 in a water cooling setting. It seems to require vibration (as in the vibration of a fan) to set faster. So it will take ages to set on a waterblock, compared to AS3.

Oh, and AS5 has a great abbreviation.

Well in my experience anyway the Artic Silver 5 is way better...Ramlean is right this stuff rocks.

It takes 200hrs and several power up cycles to get its best performance...But you get a couple of degrees right off the bat.

Great stuff and worth every penny versus ASIII

Back