• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me add a dvdrom!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DONTSLEEP

I had a cdrom,now I want to add a dvdrom.

I connected the cdrom to the IdE cable then to the mobo,then I connected the dvdrom to the center of the IDE cable and made sure I had power connected.Both drives will open and close but cant read anything.

How do I connect them properly master/slave? jumper position? Ide cable connection?

Im lost! help!

BTW the jumpers on the drives are in the same position.

One drive needs to be master and the other slave. It doesnt matter what connector they are on, on the cable. Just make sure they are both connected to the same cable, and one is master, the other slave.

Set those jumper on each drive to CS (cable select). it will automatically configure your dirve which is connected to the end of the IDE cable to Master and the drive at the middle of the IDE cable to Slave. good luck!

OK TX guys! Before I read your replies,I switched the jumper on the dvdrom to slave and now all is well!

TX for the help.

Back