• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-s arrived and its dead??? (help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazer

Registered
I ordered a NF7-s (rev. 2) on Teusday from Zipzoomfly and it arrived today. I put everything together, turned it on and I get a message saying "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded" and then it says press DEL to enter setup or F1 to continue. The problem is that I can't even press those buttons or anything else on the keyboard apparently. The numlock key won't even light up on the keyboard. I've tried different keyboards (just to be sure). I've tried clearing the CMOS and that didn't work. So I tried unplugged the PSU cords from the board, removing the battery, and clearing the CMOS for about 15 minutes two times now. Still when I turned it back on it gives the same error. :confused:

Is the board dead? I am replacing a MSI board that died on me already. Unfortunately, I have a website project that I desparately need to get done, but at this rate it isn't happening! :mad:

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give!

I dont know what to tell you, I had that problem where my keyboard didn't respond and it would just lock up, but clearing the CMOS fixed it. I dont know what method you are using but I juse moved the CMOS jumper from its default position (bottom two pins) to the 'clear' position for a minute or so.

I would attempt to see if a USB keyboard will get it to respond any.
This may sound silly but plz double check and make sure you have the keyboard plugged into the correct PS2 slot.

Yeah I tried different keyboards and even tried a USB one, to no avail. I spoke with Zipzoomfly and they issued me a RMA # so I sent it back to them today via priority mail. They said it would take about 10 days after it got there to test it out and issue a new board for me though :bang head but at least they seemed nice enough.

Don't feel bad. I just got a DOA NF7-S from newegg on Monday:( Hopefully I should have one back to me by next Friday. I wish I had a spare board laying around to use until I got my NF7-S back.

Back