• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOpen boards??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
btw, i'm runnin a asus p4c800 deluxe now with a p4 2.4 533. would the aopen board be an improvement? or should i just get a 800 fsb p4?

get a new cpu.i got a 2.6northwood 800 fsb for sale on ebay. under needadeel7 if intrested.i dont know about that aopen board but i do know that the board you have now kicks ***.keep it and just get a new cpu and some good ram,try adata pc4000 newegg has this ram for $108 for a 512MB stick and this stuff kicks. its one of the best kept serects right now.get 2x512 and a nice 2.4 to 2.8 northy and go hit fsb in the 265 at 1to1 range.with a 2.4 or 2.6 you should hit 3.6 easy on air cooling.and get a nice zalmen or a thermaltake polo 735 like i have it keeps my 3.0 at around 24c idle and 35c heavy gamming

well, the reason i'm looking for a new board is i'm going to pass this one on to my son along with the cpu (2.4b 533fsb). that's the only reason i'l looking. is the I865G better than the I875P? i'm not sure about the namein schemes of chipsets.

no .875 is intel best chip set series and is a faster chipset than the 865 series.though the 865 isnt that much slower i have used bought and the difference is not even noticeable.the 865 is faster if you enable the GAT function in the bios.some boards have other names for this .but the 875 has this function to so it keeps it ahead of the 865 chipset.now if you overclock then its another ball game .i play around with overclocking but im not the only one that uses my pc so i leave it at the stock setting with the gat function enabled.yah and the G on the 865G i think it means graphics so you wont need a video card with that board if you dont have oir want to use a video card

you might wanna try the abit AI7 OR IS7 they have the 865pe chipset and go for between $80 and $120.or the asus p4p deluxe which is right around $130 and these are some nice boards personally i would go with the abit AI7 but thats me.and get a aP4 3.0c/800fsb about $225 and some crucial ram either 2x256 about $99 or 2x512 about $198 from newegg if you are not gonna oc .if you wanna oc get the adata i mentioned before. newegg has some the lowest prices around and real fast shipping. :)

Last edited:
ok, other than my asus p4c800 deluxe, what's a good gigabyte board with that chipset? i want to oc some and i hear that the gigabyte boards are really good for that. i was checkin out the abit IC7, but wow that board costs alot. any suggestiuons?

ok gigabyte boards are nice stable boards but not that great for high overclocks.but for just 200 to say 500 ghz more they are fine.with the 875 chipset they they cost alot.but you can get a new gigabyte GA-8IK1100 for about $122 at newegg.IF i were you i would go with an ABIT AI7 or the IS7 neweggs got the AI7 right now for $105 w/free shipping and the IS7 for $89 .dont worry about 875 or 865 they are very close and the 865 is way cheaper and overclocks i would say better for the money.the plane jane IC7 is $115 at newegg right now free shipping but you will need to buy a pci modem or eithernet card.no built in Lan. if you want my ik1100i will take it out of the auction and you can have it for $35 plus shipping if no one has bid once they bid i have to leave the sale the same.ill get back to you on that.but if you get a new board go for the 865 ai7 or is7or if you can find i good price asus p4p800 deluxe or a plain p4p800 only dif i believe is no firewire.

Back