• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm so sick & tired of Creative...so I bought a M-Audio Revolution!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I have lost my surround sound for the last time! I have heard enough pops & crackles. I am through with the Creative craptacular "knowledgebase." I wash my hands of creative sound cards. They have been the only sound card I have ever used going back to 1998 when I first got into computers (Computer City P2 300mhz, creative 128, Vodoo 2, 64mb ram, 13gig HD) THats it!!!!!! No more abuse!!!! :temper: I wash my hands!!! :mad:

I picked one up at newegg for $93 shipped and read most of the reviews here & at newegg. I know I will take a small hit in performance when it comes to games due to the cpu dependancy but thats nothing compared to the headaches and 2.1 sound on my Z680's!!!

Anybody else use a M-Audio Revolution? How do you like it?

i have a m-audio revolution as well as a chaintech AV710. both cards sound identical in digital mode. the chaintech is 24 bucks the m-audio is 93 bucks.

both cards are very good. dvd playback is awesome through dolby digital.

i'll be sending the revolution back to get some of my money back. you will enjoy yours :)

2.1 with the Logitech Z-680? What the? I've never had many problems with my Audigy 2 ZS, not enough to make me buy a new card. I think they're working on a new soundcard for PCI-E, which is supposed to be some top notch stuff.

Back