• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! XP Not loading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

way2ez4u

I was running last night and just all of a sudden my screen just went blank, monitor still on, nothing restarted, no blue screen. So, I hit reset. Boot back up check temps (normal) try to do something else and then this time get blue screen and computer restarts. I try to boot into safe mode, it does then blue screen. I set all bios to default. I try to boot and just restarts as soon as it hits load screen. Same with Safe Mode. Every so often I will be able to get to safe mode but then Blue Screen appears. I've tried doing a repair install of XP and I eventually get blue screen. I haven't installed anything new. Only problem I was having was when I would shutdown I would get drwtsn32.exe dll error. Is this a hard drive thing, or power supply or any idea?

it could be just about anything... try reinstalling windows... if that doesnt work, and you have a diff hdd, try installing windows on that. If that still doenst work then you know its not your hdd and not your os... then it could be something else in your hardware.. try to eliminate as much as possible.. remove soundcards modems..etc.

ok. did memtest86 and just got errors out the yin-yang. It's kingston hyperx pc3500. Should I be calling them about an rma? Has anyone had to deal with them before about this?

Back