• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intake Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smiley

Registered
I have a 92mm fan in the lower front of the case. When i try to feel the air coming out of it, there is only a little movement of air. Before i put it in the case it was strong. When i put it in the case it's weak. Answers? Also i think i have bad airflow. When i take the cover off the system temp goes down 3C degrees and the cpu temp goes down 4C. Should i add a fan on the cover by making a hole or two?

Did you cut a hole for it? If you didn't, that's a *big* problem.

You also want to have a fan on the other side of the case blowing air over to it so that it can blow it out. In one side, out the other. The fans on both sides help that out.

You gotta cut out the grill that's obstructing your 92mm, as Thelemac said. Put another 92mm or 80mm to blow in air to your case. It'll complement your 92mm that's exhausting out air nicely. Alternatively, you can remove the PCI slot covers or drill in more holes at the back of the case so that your 92mm has 'no trouble breathing'.

it can also be the plastic on the front of the case. Drilling some larger holes in it will help a lot.

Back