• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbe Memory Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dollar

I'm building a new system based on a P4C800-E Deluxe and a P4 3.0. It's ready to power up except for 1GB of ram. I was planning on OCZ PC3500 EB , but I've trying to find it for a couple of weeks and hear it won't be available for probably 1-2 more weeks. Now I see Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2, 2-3-3-6 on special for approx $60 less. Is the Corsair a better choice? Should I consider something else? I'm planning on overclocking but staying with air cooled.

thanks in advance
$

http://pub.lorenz.bei.t-online.de/winbondlist.htm

That is a link to a list of ram with Winbond chip. Based on the list the Corsair (newer revision) will probably be CH-6 and would not do as well as the EB series.

An alternative to the EB, which is based on the Micron chip, can be found at a thread started by flapperhead. Sticks of Crucial or Buffalo, each with the Micron chip, can be had for about $90 per 512MB sticks. Check out flapper's original thread, plus a second one that discusses the difficulty of getting the EB (and Micron, to an extent) chips.

since u need somthin to run 240/260 with decent timings id try to find something with the micron chips..the buffalo pc3200 512 for 89.00 with the micron chips is sold out (no surprise) they also have some 512 with the ch5 chips(newegg) newegg also has a blowout sale on the kvr pc3200 512/cas 3 (looks like micron chips) for 83.00 bux .

Back